08 September 2009

There She Goes


Claire started Kindergarten today.
I thought I would be sad and that it would be really hard for me but there are so many good things about her school and she is SO ready for school that it wasn't sad for me, it was just exciting. I think Claire had a harder time leaving Sprinkles (her giraffe in the picture above) today than me! She had a long goodbye with him and assured him she would be back soon. SO glad I caught that on camera :)
She is attending Nampa Classical Academy. As you can see from the pictures, NCA is brand new. There is no grass, just dirt - a lot of dirt.
There is no 'school' just a bunch of portables and sidewalks while they build the Academy which will hopefully be open next year.
Her friend, Abe (top right photo) is in her class. They had preschool together last year and get along so well. So glad she has a good friend to go to school with.
Each school day begins with a flag ceremony. They say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the National Anthem.
I'm so excited to be a part of this new Academy. I love Claire's teacher, I love the curriculum they are using and love their outlook on education. On their website it states "Preparing students for their purpose in life".

Here is the explaination about NCA from their website:


Nampa Classical Academy (NCA) offers Treasure Valley's
only K - 12 classical liberal arts education through a public charter school.
Nampa Classical Academy will open fall of 2009 for grades K- 9, adding each
consecutive grade per year until the school reaches 12 grades. Nampa Classical
Academy is a classical liberal arts public school fashioned after the Hillsdale
Academy Educational Model, using time-tested Classical Curriculum.

This historical model features a traditional, value-centered curriculum stressing
subject mastery and critical analysis. The curriculum is strong in phonics,
classical literature, grammar, composition, mathematics, "modern" sciences,
history, geography, and rhetorical analysis and writing. The ultimate goal of a
classical liberal arts education at NCA is for the child to be equipped to live
out their purpose in life with skill, and wisdom. It is an understanding of how
to live life that contributes to the overall good of society.



See why i'm excited?
Can't wait to see what tomorrow (and the rest of the school year) brings.

When we got home today from dropping her off at school, Owen said to me, "can we do some homework to get me ready for Kindergarten?" It was so cute. I put Amelia down for her nap and Owen and I worked on his letters for a while. I think it will be a chance for me to spend some one on one time with him and hopefully help him be ready for all this next year.

11 comments:

Laura said...

She is so big, Jody! I recognized Sprinkles right away, so at least that has stayed the same. :)

I am excited for her school. Looks great. Is it a charter school through your school district?

Angie said...

How exciting for you. Your first one in school. I have all but one in school this year. Enjoy the year!

Alli said...

It's fun to see you so excited!!! And Claire looks absolutely adorable in her uniform!

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Claire looks so cute! And I loved seeing Ms Stephensen and MS Wilkins in the picture...love them! I hope everything goes fabulously!

IdahoGirls said...

Enjoy them while they are home. Both my babes are in school full time and I miss them soooooo much!!! Hope all is well with you. She is a doll by the way...

Dart said...

Yeah for Claire! The school sounds so great. I only have one option here in Ephraim. I'm glad to see the sprinkles is still alive and well too. =) Wish we lived closer!

Megan said...

Claire looks so precious! Glad she reassured Sprinkles she would be back. I hope she has the best kindergarten year!!!

Kristy said...

Yeah! I am glad you found a good school that you are excited about. Claire looks great in her uniform...I hope she just loves it. Have fun with Owen all by your self. There is no better time:)

The Dean Family said...

Awwww, Claire still has Sprinkles?! That is so so cute! Sounds like a great environment for learning. Continue to share her school stories with us!

Sara K. said...

She is so cute in her uniform. Hope school is continuing to go well!!!! Sounds like an interesting new venture. Fun to be on the ground floor! -S

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I just added you to my blog list I hope thats OK! I can`t believe how big Clair is, shes so cute! I am so glad to see you are doing well!