26 March 2009

ready for summer


we had a taste of Spring 2 weeks ago with almost 70 degree weather. we played outside and enjoyed every minute of sunshine.

last week and this week have been chilly, rainy and windy. we miss being outside.

today, Claire had the great idea of setting up their own 'pool' and putting their swimming suits on. They did canonballs off the couch into the pool, then would wrap themselves in their beach towels to 'dry off''. It was so funny. They layed out their towels like 'beach chairs' and insisted on having lemonade to drink.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I think you must be such a fun Mom, Jody-with-a-Y. I'd love to have a beach party with you and your great kids!

Kristy said...

Looks fun and "summery!" Although I must say...not much sympathy here, we had 2 inches of snow last night!!! I am soooo ready for spring! Maybe we should layout on beach towels too:)

IdahoGirls said...

What a great idea!!! Such smarties... it has been a crummy week of weather for sure!!! I hear their cheer for summer too...

Sara K. said...

WE keep getting teased by spring and then it goes away! We are ready! :) -S

The Perry's said...

OM gosh I laughed right when I saw those pictures. That was very creative of them and you're such a fun mommy. Do you think in the summer they will want to bundle up in their coats and gloves and drink hot chocolate?

Steve & Lynne said...

How fun! I like how you did the pictures too- you are amazingly talented and you'll have to teach me how you did that! My Owen loved looking at your blog too, seeing his friends.

Gabrielle said...

Claire is soo big now. Gosh, time just goes by so fast.
Gabrielle

Jessica said...

I can't believe I came across your blog! I knew you were in Boise, but it's great to see photos of the family. If you want to follow our family, the blog is www.clarity-jessica.blogspot.com. I'd love to catch up sometime.

Jessica (Weeks) Wilson